Monday, December 03, 2012

Loving, Being Loved, Worship, & Protecting the Wine {part 1} | Julie Arndt


Have you ever noticed how children who are in the presence of God become loving and affectionate? Our kids were certainly like this. Whenever our family was in a time of intimate worship, our kids would start leaning on us, hugging us, kissing us, squeezing us… it was so wonderful! (What parent doesn’t love that??!!)

Why do you think that happens? I believe it is because Love gives birth to love.

John said it well, we love because He first loved us! (1 John 4:19)

LOVE
When I first began to receive God’s amazing love for me, I became empowered to love Him back. Even more amazingly, this truth had an exponential factor... the more I received, the more I was able to give back. So simple, yet so epic! There are no words to describe that feeling of utter bliss and ecstasy that comes from being so completely loved! It is a foundational truth that must be understood and experienced in order to live in the fullness of grace and peace.

But something really amazing begin to happen to me… the more love I received and gave back to God, the more I realized how much love I had to give to others. And this is really where the rubber meets the road! Because until I realized that God gave me everything I needed to love others, I was not able to live life to its fullest. Getting rid of the fear, “I may give too much love away,” or, “it’s not safe to love from the deepest part of me,” helped me break partnership with and overcome a victim mindset. I am not in danger of living a love-depleted life! I was designed to love! I am no longer crippled from enjoying covenant relationships… AND Jesus has given me back the honor of experiencing sheer joy as I love others just because they are God’s beloved created ones.

WORSHIP
God has really been talking to me about how loving is a form of worship. Of course, most of us would already agree that loving God is a part of worship. But what about how we love each other? What about how we love the things He has created… you know, trees, animals, nature, our bodies, our dreams? I believe we worship God every time we honor and appreciate those things which He has placed here for our pleasure, those things which He loving created for us to enjoy and steward. Agreeing with God’s plans and appreciating His ideas and designs for our lives certainly seems like worship to me.

Some of these things have been a journey for me over a period of time, and some are newer concepts that I am enjoying as I explore the vastness of God’s riches and glory. In my next post I will talk more about some of the beautiful ways these truths are currently being worked out in my life.

Stay tuned for Part 2, which will be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!